Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Celeb Birthdays: September 4

Okay, okay, I'm back, not dead, and sorry for radio silence! For various reasons, including projects that actually pay my bills as well as the gorgeous weather outside, it's been tough for me to log many hours on the blog lately, but rest assured that my dedication has not flagged. Now, let's get back to the celeb birthdays....

Despite the rumor that she is actually much older, the leading tabloid/Interweb research available indicates that singer Beyoncé Knowles is 26 today. But don't even try to tell me she was wearing a "flesh-colored bra" onstage. Pffff. See Beyoncé Knowles' birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

Actor Wes Bentley, who was excellent in American Beauty and should get more work IMO, is 29. See Wes Bentley's birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

Singer Nona Gaye is 33.

Actress Ione Skye, who is no longer the Joanie to Ad-Rock's Chachi nor the cheese to his macaroni, is 36. See Ione Skye's birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

Actor-comedian Damon Wayans is 47. See Damon Wayans' birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

"Dr." Drew Pinsky, whose views on sex I find infuriatingly misogynistic, is 49 today.

Actress Khandi Alexander, whom I think warmly of due to NewsRadio, hits 50 today. See Khandi Alexander's birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

WASP frontman Blackie Lawless is 51. I will always remember him in that scene in Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years when he is drinking in his pool while his mom sits primly poolside. ETA: My Heavy Metal desk has confirmed the commenter below is correct and my memory from seeing this film in theaters at 14 is not - it is not Blackie Lawless but rather fellow WASPer Chris Holmes. All this time, I have been misrecalling an iconic image! Agh, such is life...

Actor Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, a.k.a. Freddie "Boom-Boom" Washington on Welcome Back, Kotter, is 54.

Drummer Martin Chambers of the Pretenders is 58. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've really ever known the names of any of the Pretenders except Chrissie Hynde. Thanks, Interwebs!

Actress Mitzi Gaynor is 76. See Mitzi Gaynor's birth chart (Astrotheme)

Birth dates from IMDB.com and/or Wikipedia. Please email me any corrections, additions or—especially appreciated!—exact birth times.

Find more web pages about: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Labels:

5 Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was sarcasm Kitty! Hope you enjoyed your vacation you deserve it.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halle Berry's preggers!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKN0444300420070905

8:57 PM  
Blogger delpino said...

That wasn't Blackie Lawless but Chris Holmes!

Subscribe to my WASP newsletter here:
http://www.bookmark-manager.com/permalink-98

4:48 AM  
Blogger KittyTaurus said...

thanks Becca!

delpino: seriously - my adolescent memory is wrong?? i saw that movie in theaters when i was 14.. i fail to see how i could have misremembered it when it made such a vivid impression on me ;)
Do you have a clip??

4:40 PM  
Blogger KittyTaurus said...

Damn you were right!! I will post a correx...

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



save_to_blinkbits