Sunday, May 07, 2006

Nicole Richie: Virgo, Stress and Eating

Good for Nicole Richie for finally admitting that she is unhealthily skinny! I give her a lot of credit for speaking about this to Vanity Fair and acknowledging that hers is not a good body ideal for girls to emulate [Source, emphasis mine]:
Richie explains that stress causes her to lose her appetite, and one of the factors over the past year was her broken engagement with DJ AM. "I had a bad breakup, and it eats me up inside when I'm upset about something," she explains. "I get really stressed out, and I do lose my appetite, but I do force myself to eat. I tried to put the weight on my way, eating burritos, but that wasn't working, so I started seeing a nutritionist and a doctor. I was scared that it could be something more serious, because it wasn't making any sense to me; I really was trying.... Yes, I'm too thin, but that's just a result of what's really going on with me; the bigger picture is how I deal with problems," she says.

The bolded portions above are intended to highlight the points in Nicole's interview that personify the Virgo type. Nicole has a Virgo Sun, and people with Virgo prominent in their charts often manifest stress and other negative feelings through stomach or digestive problems. See Nicole Richie's birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time) Nicole's Moon (emotions) in Cancer, which rules the stomach and is strongly associated with the female body, is another indication that her insecurities can turn inward to become destructive to her own body, "eating her up inside."

Next weekend, around the 13th, could be a dangerous time for Nicole as the Sun passes over her natal retrograde Chiron in Taurus and inconjuncts her Neptune, activating the natal aspect between Chiron and Neptune. Chiron in Taurus can often represent insecurity about body image, and with the aspect to Neptune, Nicole can easily adopt a distorted view of her physical self.

If she can get past this vulnerable time, Nicole will be entering a phase of feeling better about herself as a woman with Jupiter conjuncting her Venus from June through August. During this time it will station and go direct, hopefully inaugurating a phase of more positive body image and bolstered self-esteem for Nicole.

Now, I am not typically big on Aries-Virgo relationships. Granted, it does seem that Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein cares for Nicole and has provided a stabilizing influence since they got back together. But I'm really not crazy about the aspects between them; he's an Aries with an Aquarius Moon, which is not really the grounded earth-water type that a Virgo-Cancer Moon like Nicole needs. See Adam Goldstein's birth chart (Exclusive to Media-Darling.com - no birth time) His Sun inconjuncts her Venus, which could mean that she feels she needs to adjust her relationship needs to please him or keep him from losing patience with her. I hope now that they're back together they will be happy and stable together, and that his support will help boost her self-worth... but now that I've looked at his chart, I'm not sure his fiery-hot Aries energy is good for Nicole's delicate Virgo stomach.

Related: Nicole Richie at Risk (2/1/06)

Labels:

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home



save_to_blinkbits