Saturday, August 26, 2006

CelebAstroBlogy 2006 Emmy Forecast: Best Actress - Drama

In this category, I have the pleasure of having birth times for three of the five nominated actresses... though I suppose that could work to my disadvantage as I have no data-related excuse if my prediction turns out to be wrong.

And the nominees for Outstanding Actress in a Drama are...

Frances Conroy, Six Feet Under ~ See Frances Conroy's birth chart (astrozoom.com, no birth time)
Geena Davis, Commander in Chief ~ See Geena Davis's birth chart (Astrotheme)
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ~ See Mariska Hargitay's birth chart (Astrotheme)
Allison Janney, The West Wing ~ See Allison Janney's birth chart (Astrotheme)
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer ~ See Kyra Sedgwick's birth chart (Astrotheme, no birth time)

Frances Conroy is one of the actresses I don't have a birth time for. While she was excellent on Six Feet Under (although didn't that show go off the air, like, five years ago?), there are no notable aspects in her chart to indicate success. I mean, with her birth time unknown, she could have Jupiter on the Ascendant or something, but I'm not really feeling it.

Geena Davis has a couple of nice but not very significant aspects, including the transiting Sun opposing her Venus, trining her Moon and making a loose out-of-sign conjunction to her Jupiter. Dunno if I really see this pulling her into the lead, though.

Regular readers know that I loves me some Mariska Hargitay and was over the moon when she had her son early this summer. I like Jupiter loosely trining her Venus (though it's even more closely trining her Chiron, which is a bit of a double-edged sword), and I also like the fact that the Midheaven of the Emmy ceremony's chart (5:00 PM PDT in Los Angeles) is conjunct Mariska's Midheaven, with Jupiter close by. The Ascendant of the Emmys chart also is in Mariska's 1st house conjunct the Ascendant. With Uranus conjunct Mariska's Venus-Chiron, there is definitely a chance that she could be in for disappointment, but this aspect could also suggest an upset or unexpected fortune in a positive way.

Jupiter is approaching a loose conjunction to Allison Janney's Mars, but the 8th house placement in Scorpio does not suggest a focus on career achievement. I'm thinking these are great times for her relationship-wise, due to the 7th/8th house emphasis in her chart, but I don't see major indicators of an honorific headed her way.

If Venus were a little closer to Kyra Sedgwick's Sun, I would call her the winner, but that 8° orb is not totally convincing. Mars is squaring her Jupiter, so that's something.

This is a tough call, and once again bias may be rearing its ugly head, but I'm going to give Mariska the edge over Kyra because I like how the angles of her natal chart align with the Emmy ceremony's chart. Winner: Mariska Hargitay

Read all of CelebAstroBlogy's 2006 Emmy Forecast:
Best Actor–Comedy
Best Actress–Drama
Best Actress–Comedy
Best Actor–Drama

Related: Mariska Hargitay Has a Baby Boy (6/29/06)

Find more web pages about: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Labels: ,

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home



save_to_blinkbits